- Sperry Top-Sider Men's A/O 2-Eye Sahara Boat Shoes 13M
- Nike Blazer Hi Premium White/White-Granite-Black 316382-111 Men's
- NIKE PENNY II BASKETBALL SHOES WHITE ROYAL BLUE BLACK NEW 333886-100 (SIZE 11)
- Ladies Chic Pointy Toe Stiletto embroidered Floral Knee High Boot Shoes EUR34-41
- OTBT Vagary Women's Boot Black, 9.5 BM US
- BoNavi 827A05-11 Black Leather Low Heel Round Toe Ankle Booties
- NWB French Connection Jaymey Suede Ballet Flat Grey Otter Sz 38(7.5), 39(8.5)
- Clarks Cheyn Clay On Shoes Leather Womens Casual Shoes Low Heel
- Anne Klein Ovi Leather Pointed Toe Ballet Flats Choose Sz/Color
- Taryn Rose Comfort Flats /Shoes Size- 9.5M Prnt.Pattern Suede
- GREAT NEW TOD'S DARK GREEN PENNY LOAFERS 39(IT)/38.5N(US). MADE ITALY. OR.PR$475
- Salomon Women's Wings Flyte 2 W Trail Running Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Gola Women's Specialist Sneaker Indian Teal/Off White Suede Sneakers
- Trotters Women's Josie Mary Jane Black Perf Leather Mary Janes
- Nike WOMEN'S Air Max 95 SE Premium SIZE 6 BRAND NEW Reflective
- Skechers Women's Work Relaxed Fit Comfort Flex HC Pro Scratchey Charcoal/Multi
- SAUCONY X BODEGA GRID 9000 8-13 BLUE TAN RED GREEN S70153-1. POLKA DOT PACK 2014
- COLE HAAN GRAND.OS-Black Grain Leather, Mens Slip.On Comfort/Boat Shoes-(11.M)
- Men's Slip On Leisure Soft leather Moccasin Driving Shoes Loafer Plus Size New
- Men High top Canvas Plimsoll Board Street Walking Outdoors Sports Sneakers Shoes
- LIUJO Shoes Male Size 8- LJ301C-42
- 310499 New Mid Calf Synthetic Zipper Low Heel Women's Casual Boots Black 7-
- Fiel Women's Sherman Black Leather Ankle Boots
- Russian Shiny Copper Crackled Mid Calf Zipper Pointy Toe Boots Heels Size 37
- Teva De La Vina Ankle Low Boots Women's US 8.5 1003012 Brown Leather Zipper (b74
- ALDO "DOLLY" Gray Suede Women's Ankle Boots with Spike Heels US Size 10.5
- Emeril Lagasse Mens Read Slip-Resistant Shoe, Black, 11.5 D US
- Brand New DS Mens Nike Black Mamba Fade to Black Hyperdunk FTB KOBE sz 10.5 2008
- Man/Woman Tricker'S Country Shoesuk5Brw Leather (87264 Fine processing cheapest Exquisite (processing) processing
- Kith x Coca-Cola Sandals Slides Chancletas White 2016 Edition Sz 9
- J/Slides 'Adelynn' Leather Platform Sneakers, Metalic Silver SIZE 6 (E57)
- Asics GEL UNIFIRE Mens 9 TEXTILE Trail Running Shoes Silver
- NEW NIKE ERIC KOSTON SE SKATE SHOE WHT/TM ORANGE/LT RTR/PR PLTNM MEN'S 7
- Stanley Men's 8" CSA Black Work Boots 8M
- Tony Lama Cowboy Boots Western Brown Mens 10.5 D
- MENS BATES FLOATAWAYS COWBOY LEATHER BLACK BOOTS SIZE 10.5 D
- Justin Boots Mens Cowboy Western Size 8 D Gray Leather Decorative Stitching USA
- Mens Brown Leather Acme Cowboy Boots Sz: 10.5 D (AD )
- Burberry Caramel Minstead Fringe Wedges Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Red Roller Boat Carmin Spike Patent Sneaker Flats 44 Sneakers Size US 11 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Brown Palais Royal 120 Suede Open Toe Heels Pumps Platforms Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Zoom Ultra Men's Tennis Shoes Volt Black Multiple Sizes NEW 845007 701
- Kamik Griffon C Pull On Winter Boots-Men's size 10 Brown
- Puma Suede Classic Navy White Mens Womens Classic Casual Shoes Sneakers 35656851
- Hugo Boss Shoes Spacit Fashion Men Blue New
- adidas - RESP CUSH 21M Men's Trainers Grey UK11.5 (Q22193)
Men's Henry Ferrera Collection Dress Loafer Shoes - ERIN - Size 12 Black
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
Johnston & Murphy US Men's 9.5 M Black Leather Square Toe Loafers Shoes ITALY
NEW ADIDAS CourtVantage (S78766) All Sz ADIDAS ORIGINALS CASUAL SHOES SNEAKERS
The Rail Men’s Black Leather Fashion Sneakers Casual Shoes Size US 12
Men's Sperry Top-Sider Billfish Tan Leather Boat Shoes US 9 M
New Wolverine Redwood Mens Comfortable Pull On Steel Toe Work Boots
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
Vans Old Skool Indo Pacific Black True White Unisex Shoes 9 Women 10.5 Men ocyzwy5599-Casual Shoes
FLOSHIEMI MEN TASSEL LOAFER E BURGUNDY LEATHER MADE IN INDIA.
Polo Ralph Lauren Lander Black Green Sapphire Plaid Logo Sneakers Boat Shoes 15
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!